Monday, April 7, 2014

New Zion Missionary Baptist Church BBQ, Huntsville, Texas

sampled 4/5/14
On our way down to the 2nd annual Houston BBQ Festival we made 2 stops.  One at the Alma Smokehouse, where Scott had a sliced brisket sandwich, and this second stop at "Church BBQ" in Huntsville.  The sample I had last year was decent so this time I grabbed 2 pounds to go instead of the 1 pound I had gotten in 2013. Scott ate his on the spot and enjoyed it.  Even though I was fasting in anticipation of eating 20 samples the next day, I just had to sneak a taste from my box of brisket.   I found good smoke flavor and perfectly rendered fat that was full of flavor.  I have heard this place suffers from consistency issues, but on this day it was pretty durned good.  Also some of the cheapest smoked brisket I have seen anywhere, just $10 a pound.  They were generous with their sauce in little containers, but I did not need a bit of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment