Saturday, June 15, 2019

Green's Texas Bar-B-Que, Euless


Finally got a chance to visit this local spot this morning.  I used to see Don Green all the time at North Main BBQ back when Hubert and Dolly ran the place.  I had a taste at the Bedford Blues Festival last year, when they won the people's choice award in the Battle of the BBQ.  Since then, they have established a regular corner on Euless Blvd at Vine Street and have even drawn praise from Daniel Vaughn.
There were just two folks in front of me at opening but folks continued to arrive as I waited for my order.  I had to try the Brisket Biscuits, of course, and added some pork belly bites.  Then the usual trinity of fatty brisket, ribs (baby back), and sausage. All of it was scrumptious.
The fried biscuit dough was flaky and light and I added a bit of sauce after the first bite.
The pork belly bites were perfect. Melt in your mouth fat with just enough meat to make you want to have a bunch more.

The brisket was a bit overcooked.  I could not pick up a slice without it breaking under its own weight.  This was despite the relatively thick, 1/2 inch, slices.  There was some excellent smoke flavor and good moisture.  The sausage had a nice jalapeno bite.  Much better than any sausage I ever had at North Main.
The baby back ribs had that great North Main flavor I have enjoyed for years.  Tenderness was spot on and left a perfect bite mark.

I think I have a new favorite local spot.  I'll need another visit or two to make sure.  I just wish they had more hours than 11 am to 3 pm on Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment