Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Argyle, Texas mini BBQ tour, Bumbershoot BBQ

 

sampled 4/7/21 about 1:15 pm

Just down the road a piece from 407 BBQ is the Bumbershoot BBQ trailer.  It's just east on FM 407 on the northeast corner with 377, behind the CVS.  They have a nice little outdoor tree-lined dining area which was under a bit of construction when we arrived.  They were in the process of stringing lines of outdoor lights but we still managed to find a table out of the way of the bucket truck.  

I ordered the same 3 meat plate with jalapeno cheese sausage but I skipped the sides this time.  After a short wait, I found another foil lined meal, with the meats separated from the pickles, onions, and spicy carrots.

I had asked for brisket from the fatty end but clearly got some from the flat.  Still, it was tasty, tender, and moist with excellent smoke flavor.  The jalapeno, sausage was very similar to what I just had at 407.  Not spicy, despite a good amount of green pepper evident with the cheese.  The ribs were moist and well cooked.  Once again I got a perfect bite mark.  Right in the zone.  There was a bit of a crusty top to the spare ribs and some different flavors.  Chili powder and coriander I suspect.  Tasty ribs and a nice unique flavor.

My box included some nice onions, pickles, spicy carrots, and jalapenos.  I'm not much of a carrot fan, but I liked those.

I suspect their eating area will be a nice spot in the evening and they have a small stage set up to feature live music.  If they book some good blues we may need to go back!




1 comment:

  1. Had a great time, Don! Funny how two briskets at the same place can be so different. Mine had very little smoke flavor.

    ReplyDelete