sampled 9/10/26 about 12:30 pm
Our third trip to 225 and it was as good as our first two trips. We had some friends from Austin along and they left impressed. I got my usual 3 meat plate plus 5 twinkies and a half pound of pork belly burnt ends. Everything was super juicy and tender with awesome smoke flavor in the twinkies.
I have upgraded this joint to my local favorite over Dayne's. I do think Dayne's is a little better. They should be, finishing in the top 10 in the last Texas Monthly BBQ issue. However this place is only 9 miles from my home and Dayne's is 40 miles away.
One of my friends got the giant brisket loaded potato and she scarfed most of it up. A bargain at just $13. I was mighty impressed that she almost ate all of it.
Their pricing is still a bargain. If this joint is not on your radar, it should be. We got there at about 12:15 and were customers #4 and #5. There should be a line out the door, but there's not, yet. By the time we left, I think they were up to order #16. If they can hang on til the next Texas Monthly BBQ issue comes out I am convinced they will be in the top 50. I'm going to do my part to help keep them around. They even give you a cash discount!




No comments:
Post a Comment