Monday, July 25, 2005

The Salt Lick in Driftwood, Texas

Our second stop on July 25 was The Salt Lick in Driftwood, Texas. This is a place I used to frequent in college, and loved. It was nice to see that little has changed even though I had not been there in more than 25 years! The food is still great and they still had folks waiting in line, even on a Monday night. This was the only BBQ joint we hit that had waitress service and the little lady who waited on us was top notch (and was tipped accordingly). The food was all fine and the sliced beef was particularly good. I got the family style (all you can eat) so I asked for a little more brisket and it was terrible. Way too much fat content. A perfect lesson on the vagaries of reviewing BBQ joints. Just a bad piece of brisket. The waitress offered to bring me a new slab, but by then I had my eye on the pecan pie ala mode. :)


ribs 5
sliced beef 4.5 (second helping was awful, real fatty)
sausage 3.5
sauce 3 (sweet)
beans 4
potatoes 4
home made bread 3.5
home made pecan pie ala mode 4

No comments:

Post a Comment