Wednesday, January 18, 2012

City Market, Luling, Texas 1/18/12

My first trip of 2012 was a short but merry adventure and I'll be enjoying the aftermath for a few weeks to come!  My buddy Dave in Austin was kind enough to build me a nice new computer and that forced me to make a road trip and a few "side trips" since I was in the neighborhood.  Of course side trip number one was down to Luling and Lockhart for dinner and some to-go boxes.  Dinner was accomplished at City Market in Luling, and, as always, was magnificent.  Brisket, ribs and sausage were just as excellent as they always are and we left with very happy tummies.
After dinner we took the short trip up to Lockhart to load up with a couple of boxes of Kreuz jalapeno cheese sausage and this time I was not disappointed.  Lately they have been "out" several times when I stopped by, but this time I left smiling.  They have raised the price, slightly, to $1.60/link or $40 a box, but that's still a far cry from the $5.25 a link they charge for the same stuff at Lockhart Smokehouse in Dallas.  It freezes great and I'll be enjoying that wonderful sausage for quite awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment