Saturday, January 21, 2012

Off the Bone BBQ, Dallas, 1/20/12

Once again the convenience of Off the Bone BBQ to Lamar Street nightclubs came in handy.  We stopped by about 8:30 pm to grab a bite before hitting a local club and found the little joint very busy indeed.  The dining area was full and the tiny kitchen/ordering area had about 10 people waiting inside, about the most you could fit in there.  It took about 15 minutes to get our order in and another 10 minutes or so to get our food.  Good things come to those that wait!  As usual I got half a rack of babyback ribs, with NO sauce.  If you don't specify that, they come swimming in it.  As they are wet mop ribs, they have plenty of sauce flavor already.

My half rack was tender, moist, and delicious with just the right amount of sweetness from the wet mop.  Just about perfect ribs.  The to-go box also came with several pieces of small sliced bread which was the prefect compliment.  My buddy Marc had a sausage sandwich which he proclaimed was excellent and he also had high praise for the beans.  I later heard rumors they have added sliced brisket to the menu and I shall have to investigate that next time I am in.  Previously, they had only had chopped, mixed with a lot of sauce which was more sloppy joe than BBQ.  I hope the rumors are true!

No comments:

Post a Comment