Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Frankenfood Redux

Sampled 10/21/14
Some of you may recall the episode of the Spike channel TV show Frankenfoods that my buddy Dave and I participated in down at Black's BBQ back in May.  Well on our recent visit to Lockhart I had hoped to sample the winning dish again.  Part of winning the contest was an agreement that the dish would be served at Black's for the next 6 months.  Since the episode aired in July I figured there would be no trouble finding some.  Wrong.  Apparently it is a very popular dessert, though time consuming and labor intensive to make.  On our first visit on October 19 they were out, but the friendly server promised they would have some the next morning. 

At the take out register the next day we had no trouble getting our BBQ order filled, but the cookies were not ready yet.  Fortunately they were close to done and it only took about 10 minutes for our cookies to arrive.  They have adjusted the recipe a bit to make individual servings and they sell 2 cookies for $4.25.  I got 3 orders so they just stacked them 3 to a plate for us.
These are just as delicious as they look.  A waffle is covered with chocolate chip cookie dough, then maple cream frosting, then sprinkled with toasted pecans and candied bacon.  It's a party in your mouth.  I was happy to find them still available and glad Scott and my Mrs got to try the winning Frankenfood from my TV adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment