Friday, September 11, 2015

TMBBQ here we come

It has been several years since I had purchased tix to this fest.  My buddy Dave in Austin has done the honors the last few years since I have usually been off bass fishing when they went on sale.  This year Dave was out of the country and I was not fishing so I sat patiently at my keyboard as 10 am approached.  I don't know what happened, but the Long Center website was down for about 20 minutes right at 10 am when tickets were supposed to go on sale.  Very frustrating to say the least.  
However after lots of reloads, it finally popped up and I was able to snag us 3 VIP tix.  We're looking forward to another fun time in Austin.

addendum:
The Long Center ticket website seems to be the source of the problem.  Three days later I received an e-mail telling me the print at home tickets I had received were no good due to an error and they would need to send me new ones.  Then I got 2 more e-mails with "recall" in the subject line and over 70 e-mail addresses in the CC.  Not cool.  Finally I received a 4th e-mail with the corrected tickets.  I wonder how many folks will show up with bad tickets?  

No comments:

Post a Comment