Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August Snow's in Texas!


8/20/14  ???????
Not the frozen water from the sky, the smoked meats from Lexington!
Now that's the kind of Snow's I can handle!  Smoked fresh Friday night and at my door frozen on Wednesday evening.  I didn't even have to get up early on a Saturday morning and drive to Lexington.  Now I know it's always better fresh off the pit, but I've found in the past that warmed up brisket and sausage can make a mighty fine meal.  Scott and I have been planning to order us some Snow's for awhile now and we finally got our freezers down low enough to have some room.  Scott even went by Pecan Lodge and grabbed us a few pounds for a comparison test.

My order was 2 whole briskets plus one order of jalapeno sausage.  The briskets came in at 4.5 and 4.6 pounds and I'm guessing there is around 2 pounds of sausage. With shipping it came to around $14/pound.  Not bad for home delivery!



-----------------Individual Item Breakdown-----------------
Item Ref.   Price ea.   Qty.  Description
snows01     $59.95      2     Snow's BBQ Brisket
snows12     $14.95      1     Snow's Jalepeno Sausage
---------------------Order Summary-------------------------
Item Subtotal:    $134.85
Shipping Cost:    $18.09
GRAND TOTAL:      $152.94 


We will warm some up later and report back.  I'm looking forward to smelling smoke from Lexington in my microwave.  Easy mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment