Saturday, January 8, 2011

Close, but no cigar!!!

So, my little brother lives just a few blocks from the "opening soon" Lockhart Smokehouse in Oak Cliff.  He calls me this afternoon to say "My friend just tweeted me that they are giving out free samples!"  I figured, being that it was in the afternoon, they probably wouldn't have much left, and by the time I made the 30 minute drive over it would have been a wasted trip.  I told my brother to go grab some and let me know how it was.  Well, I was right not to jump in my truck for the ride.  He was less than 5 minutes away and missed out.  I noticed they had a post on their website for free samples at lunchtime today, but I guess he heard too late.  Next time!

I am betting they open the week of the 16th, because I will actually be in Lockhart that week!  More on the "Lockhart Challenge",  later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment