Saturday, May 16, 2015

Lewisville to Denton along I-35E

Sampled 5/16/15
Scott has been after me all year to do a trip up I-35E to sample the many BBQ joints between here and Denton.  We couldn't get our schedules to jive til this weekend and I'm happy to report it is down and done.  We sampled seven joints, found two MIA, and skipped just one, in under five hours.  Honestly, I was not expecting a lot of great meats on this jaunt and that proved to be the case.  Most meals we just sampled a few bites of everything, then moved on to the next.  I can't say we had a bad meal anywhere, but it was a lot of average BBQ.  None of the places we visited would warrant a return trip, especially with the current construction and resulting horrendous traffic on I-35.

Photos from the trip and a few comments follow below.

We found Sweet Y BBQ and Gold Mine BBQ, both in Denton, to be missing in action and presumed closed.

The fun thing about a little road trip like this is the interesting sights along the way.  Like this billboard suggesting a real estate agent can help you out of the zombie apocalypse.
As always, you can click on any photo for a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment