Monday, October 23, 2006

Kreuz Market, Lockhart, Texas

Visited October 23, dinnertime

Kreuz is a genuine BBQ palace, built from scratch, about 15 years ago as the new home of a famous Lockhart institution. Some may complain that the atmosphere may not be "funky" enough for a BBQ joint. To that I say: shut up and eat. You get the same quality meal as at Black's, just down the street, but without forks or sauce. They just don't "do" forks and sauce at Kreuz and they really don't need 'em. The Q is that good. The ribs here were a bit chewy. A consistent problem on every spot we visited this trip. Ditto the brisket, but the flavor was wonderful with plenty of smokey goodness. I also had a jalapeno cheese sausage ring that was the best sausage I have ever had. If I'd had a cooler with me, I would have brought a box of 25 rings home with me. Next time, I will have a cooler. The German potatoes were an excellent side dish and I think I could make a meal of just those, as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment