Wednesday, April 10, 2024

4T's BBQ, Forney, Texas 4/10/24

 

sampled about 12:30 pm

This was our second stop on our mini BBQ day trip and this was my favorite of the three.  It was raining pretty good when we pulled up and we were the only customers in the place.  I opted for the Texas Trinity once more and the food came out quickly.  The brisket was tender and moist with deep smoke flavor.  If I didn't have 10 pounds of brisket in my fridge already I would have gotten a few pounds to go.  Some of the best brisket I have had in a restaurant in quite awhile.  The ribs were tender and moist and left a perfect bite mark.  There was a hint of smoke under the sauce.  Enough to make me eat both of my ribs instead of sampling one and bagging the second for later as I did at the other two joints.  The sausage had a very nice jalapeno kick and I had to ask the boss where he sourced his sausage.  He said Miiller's in Llano, a place we had tried years ago on one of our Q tours.  Forney is a lot closer than Llano, so that is good to know.

4Ts is not the fanciest place we have visited, but they have some danged good BBQ.


No comments:

Post a Comment