Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Dayne's Craft BBQ, Aledo 4/24/24

 

sampled around 11 am 

I have had Dayne's several times before, at Lola's Trailer Park in Fort Worth, then later at their planned brick and mortar location in western Fort Worth.  Recently, they moved even further west after finding their "dream location" in Aledo.  My wife had brought me some food from their new location a couple of months ago, but this was my first visit to their latest location.  The food is still amazing.  This was Scott's first time to visit Dayne's.  

We arrived about 10:40 am and were diners number 3 and 4.  There was no line at all.  Most folks leaving work for lunch can't get by at 10:30 when they open and we used that to our advantage.  :)  I wish more quality Q joints would follow that plan.  

I ordered 1/4 pound of brisket, 1/4 pound of pork belly brisket and a Jalapeno Havarti sausage.  I wanted 1/3 pound of each, but they only offer meats in 1/4 pound increments.  Kinda weird, but it is what it is.  The brisket and pork belly came out quickly, but they told us the sausage was not quite ready yet and would be out shortly.  


The brisket and pork belly was awesome, as it always is, and my sausage arrived while I was still working on those.  As usual, Dayne's sausage was top notch.  Big chunks of cheese and lots of spicy jalapenos gave the sausage a great bite.
I grabbed a half pound of ribs to go and added their excellent Chocolate lasagna dessert.  I shall enjoy those later!
The new place has a comfy dining room and there is also a nice patio dining area.  I think they will stay here, but if they keep moving further west I will still be following Dayne's!

No comments:

Post a Comment