Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kreuz Market, Lockhart, TX 9/21/11

Kreuz Market, Lockhart, TX sampled 9/20/11 about 6:15 pm


We have eaten at Kreuz many times before and consistency has always been an issue. Tonight was no exception. The brisket was tender but dry. Scott said his was too salty, but mine was not. The fat was well rendered and tasty. Surprisingly, their always reliable jalapeno cheese sausage was not reliable tonight. It had an off taste, something I have experienced before when I have left their links in the fridge for too long. I don't ever remember taking a few bites of a Kreuz sausage and chunking the rest. I guess there's a first time for everything. The rib was the best of the meat tonight and it was tender, moist, and flavorful. The mac and cheese was average and made me realize the mac and cheese I had last night at Black's was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment