Monday, September 19, 2011

Schoepfs BBQ, Belton, TX 9/19/11

Schoepfs BBQ, Belton, Texas sampled 9/19/11


It had been 5 or 6 years since we had last sampled Schoepfs and there have been many changes. They have a nice new exterior, an expanded dining room, and the warming pits are now enclosed. Sadly, the food seems to have declined. The brisket was basically falling apart roast beef without a hint of smoke flavor. The ribs were tough and chewy, but had good flavor. I had to gnaw on them like a caveman to get the meat off. I had the hot sausage and it was flavorful with a good spicey kick but it was dry and the casing was tough. The beans were average but the potato salad was a step above. The sauce had a nice mix of sweet and spicey with a strong vinegar flavor.

I had told Scott I could hold out to Lockhart or Luling to eat lunch. I wish he could have held out. Next year I'm bringing him a pudding cup.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment