Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Roy Hutchins BBQ, Trophy Club

 

sampled 3/5/24, about 4 pm

We have a friend in town this week and he was getting together with another friend who liked BBQ.  We suggested giving Roy Hutchins another try, but I warned them the last time I had visited that the ribs were awful.  Based on my previous experience, I loaded up on Texas Twinkies and pork belly bites, but I also got one rib just to see if things had improved.  Indeed, they had.  My one rib was tender and juicy and left me wishing I had ordered more.  Next time I will.  The Twinkies were awesome and the pork belly bites remain almost as good as Green's, though not quite as tender.  John's friend also got two beef ribs and they were also very tender with perfectly rendered fat.  Overall, this was a mighty good stop and I think we shall be there again soon and I will go back to my usual Texas trinity.  The best part of all is they are open 7 days a week until 9 pm, so that gives us a nearby quality BBQ stop on Monday and Tuesday when many of the craft joints are closed.


No comments:

Post a Comment