Monday, April 29, 2024

Brix Barbecue, Fort Worth 4/28/24

 

sampled 4/28/24 around noon

I have passed this place several times during off hours and finally got the chance to sample their que today.  I got there around 11:20 and found a short line, just 2 folks in front of me.  I grabbed my usual Texas Trinity and went out to their nice covered picnic table patio to wait for my food.  And wait I did!  It took 30 minutes for my food to come out.  I think there must have been a longer line before I arrived and they were playing catch up on the dine in and to go orders.  

The brisket was moist and tender with well rendered fat but did not have a hint of smoke flavor.  The pork rib was also well cooked and left a perfect bite mark.  The jalapeno & Tillamook Cheddar sausage was full of cheese, but had a particularly tough casing and there was little jalapeno flavor.  

This place is just down the street from Panther City BBQ and is a nice option when their line is too long to stand in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment