sampled 8/27/26 about 11:15 am
Our buddy John was in town this week and gave us an excuse to revisit 225 Degree BBQ. We had been up to Roy Hutchins in Trophy Club a couple of days earlier, so this would be a good comparison visit. We arrived about 11:15 am and found no line and just 1 other customer in the building. I was customer #2. I ordered the 3 meat plate with the Texas trinity and added a quarter pound of pork belly burnt ends and a couple of Texas twinkies. The spicy rice dish I loved last time was not ready yet so I tried the chorizo beans.
Once again, this place knocked it out of the park. There was great smoke flavor in the brisket, ribs, and twinkies. Brisket and ribs were moist and tender and the sausage was as good as last time. Their sausage is almost as good as Kreuz, which is my favorite. The pork belly burnt ends were not as tender as my last visit, but still tasted great. The beans had an interesting and different spice content that was excellent. On future visits I will go for the rice and chorizo beans and skip the mac and cheese. Our buddy John said those may be the best ribs he has ever had. He's a big rib guy and has eaten at all the best joints, so that's saying something.
Our second visit has confirmed this is a joint worth your attention. A couple of our friends visited after our first visit and came back with similar rave reviews. The nice lady who brought us our food said they rely entirely on word of mouth to build their business. They don't even have a website, yet, just a Facebook page. I am convinced if they are able to hold on until the next Texas Monthly Top 50 is announced, that they will be on that list. They are that good. I'm a little worried about them making it as there have never been many customers there. There should be a line out the door at 11 am. I think there were another 8-10 folks that came in after us. We will be back. They are a bit off the beaten path where Main Street dead ends, so it's not a place you will just come across. It's well worth the side trip.
Also, pay attention to the receipt below. This place charges almost half of what the other craft BBQ joints charge and they are generous with their food. Go once and you will be using your word of mouth with your friends. Go while there's not a line out the door. There will be, if they can hold on.



No comments:
Post a Comment