Friday, August 7, 2026

Jambo's Barbecueshak, Arlington 8/6/26

 

sampled 8/6/26 about noon

I had a taste of Jambo's a couple of months ago at a music festival and wanted to give it a try at the restaurant.  This is another place that does not include ribs on their plates.  Instead you have to order a rib plate, then add other meats.  I have never understood why some joints do this, but that's what I did, adding brisket and jalapeno sausage.  I also tried a popper, plus some mac & cheese and tater salad.

The brisket was so dry it was almost crumbly and there was zero smoke flavor.  The ribs were ok, but also pretty dry.  I think I might have gotten the regular sausage instead of the jalapeno because there was no spice and no sign of green in the sausage.  Overall, the best thing on my tray was the mac & cheese, made with white cheddar.

No comments:

Post a Comment