Monday, March 25, 2013

Black's BBQ and Kreuz Market, Lockhart, Texas 3/25/13

sampled 3/25/13 around 11 am

After leaving the Houston BBQ fest yesterday, we headed to Lockhart to overnight then gather more BBQ to take north.  Lunch at Black's was in order, but not before we dashed down to Luling so Scott could gather some ribs, brisket, and sausage to bring north.  That task accomplished, we headed to Black's for lunch.  After sampling brisket from 15 different Houston BBQ joints yesterday, I have to say Black's spanked them all badly.  Perfect pull test, amazing smoke flavor, tender and moist almost beyond belief, fat rendered to nirvana specs, damn it was GOOD!  Yet another reminder why Lockhart is the BBQ capitol of Texas.  I do have to say my pork spare ribs were undercooked and tough, but that brisket more than made up for it.  I got another 4 pounds of frozen brisket to go, just because I could.  The jalapeno cheese sausage and both sides were very nice as well. Click on the first picture below and admire that perfect brisket!!
After filling our bellies we moved on to filling our already bulging coolers.  5 boxes of Kreuz jalapeno cheese sausage made their way in cooled comfort.  No it's not all for me.  Anytime I head that way I have buddies who place "orders".  Yes, I'm a meat mule!


No comments:

Post a Comment