Wednesday, June 28, 2023

The Original Roy Hutchin's BBQ, Trophy Club

               

sampled 6/28/23 about 2 pm

I had passed this spot on 114 a couple of times and thought it was just another branch of the McKinney restaurant.  I kept checking their website, assuming they had just opened and were training crews before adding to their website.  Wrong.  This a another family BBQ turf struggle that has only just been finalized.  It sounds like everyone is now happy.  Here's the story.

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2023/06/14/family-feud-ends-and-hutchins-opens-new-barbecue-restaurant-in-trophy-club/

The best part, is I don't have to drive all the way to Frisco or McKinney to get some good Hutchin's eats.  The new version is just 15 minutes from our place and they are using the same family recipes.  Unfortunately, they have Trophy Club prices.  Since I will probably save that in gas money, it's about even.

Today I just made a to-go order since I mainly wanted to see if their Texas Twinkies were up to the McKinney location.  Yes, they were.  My only complaint was that I'd like to have more chopped brisket inside and less cream cheese.  That didn't stop me from polishing off a couple after I got home.  I also grabbed 1 pound of sliced brisket.  It was moist and tender but missing smoke flavor.  

We will be going back for a sit-down dinner soon, and I will have to try their brisket burnt ends and their pork belly burnt ends (which the other Hutchins does not have).  They have an upstairs dining room as well as an outside patio.  There's even an elevator to the upstairs.  I'll check that out next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment